Monday 24 March 2014

Secret Diary of a Pilot's Wife


Welcome to my secret diary of my life as a Pilot's wife.  You will soon discover that I prefer my life not to be defined as "pilot's wife" but rather as my own worthwhile life, however my secret diary will cover all the inner truthful angst-y feelings involved in following my husband across the world and  feeling a loss of self.

About me; I'm in my early thirties, tall, blonde, fit and healthy a lacking a college degree. This means I have low self esteem about my abilities and I have no on paper career. I've been successful in all my jobs but I have nothing to show for it and no set job title. Great.  Therefore I am "XXX's wife, you know, the blonde one from New Zealand". [I'm not actually from NZ, but if I disclose where I am from I fear my secret diary will not be so secret, its kinda unique!]

About my husband: He's also in his early thirties and a First Officer for a low cost carrier in South-East Asia.  His reason for becoming a pilot: the prestige.  He loves taking photos, he loves his uniform, he loves the flight attendants in their uniforms, basically he loves feeling like king fucking ding-a-ling.

So now in this page of my blog I will go through chapter upon chapter of ups, downs, happiness, annoyances and irritations of: life as a trailing spouse: the pilots wife edition! 

No comments:

Post a Comment